Man sentenced to death in Baytown double murder case
Friday, June 17, 2011
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man found guilty of killing two Baytown teenagers has been given the death sentence by a Harris County jury.Joseph Jean was charged with capital murder in the deaths of his ex-girlfriend's daughter, Chelsey Lang, 17, and her cousin, Ashley Johnson, 16. Baytown police say in April of last year, the teens caught Jean pouring gasoline inside the home of Lang's mother. Then Jean beat the girls to death with a baseball bat and set the home on fire. The jury returned the punishment Friday afternoon. They found Jean guilty on Monday.
Jean yelled at the mother of Ashley Johnson today after the jury sentenced him to death."At one point, he lashed out at Ashley's for giving her impact statement. How do you do that when you sat there and mutilated and tortured these poor children," said Stephanie Hall, cousin of the victim. Deputies later brought Jean back into court for the rest of the victim's impact statement.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Bridge collapses in NW Washington; people in water
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Cancer drugs for children remain scarce in U.S.
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- 2 remaining suspects in Alief murders arrested
- Judge declares mistrial in Jodi Arias penalty phase
- New funding to help Houston deal with water demands
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos