Airport worker added to Labelle assault lawsuit
Thursday, June 23, 2011
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The former West Point cadet who is suing R&B legend Patti Labelle and her bodyguards for assault has now added an airport worker to the lawsuit.Richard King says he was assaulted by the singer's entourage after he got too close to her luggage at Bush Intercontinental Airport. However, police cited him with assault. But the entire incident is being reinvestigated after surveillance video showed King being pushed into a pillar. King's attorney now says Cahl Rasmussen, an employee at the airport, called West Point and "communicated false and defamatory information." West Point officials said they conducted a thorough investigation of the incident and took appropriate action by suspending King. An HPD internal affairs investigation into actions by police officers is continuing. Two officers are seen taking photographs with Labelle inches away from King's blood. King's lawyer criticized HPD for interviewing only Labelle and her entourage. The names of the officers being investigated cannot be released because the investigation is ongoing. The criminal investigation is also ongoing.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston 13 min ago
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom 28 min ago
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'
abc13.com News Links