Baytown police: Tanks explode in Chambers County
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- Officials are on the scene of an explosion near Baytown.Baytown police say tanks exploded in Chambers County. The storage tanks are on a piece of rural property along County Road 1405. There are not believed to be any injuries.
Chambers Co. authorities say two people were working near the tanks, doing some cutting that may have sparked the explosion. Both are said to be OK.Firefighters are on the scene. There is no shelter in place, but traffic along FM 2354 is being rerouted.
Thick black smoke could be seen for miles.
Stay with ABC13 Eyewitness News for the latest on this developing story.
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting
- High-water rescues reported in San Antonio area
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Scattered storms possible in our area this weekend
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Coast Guard searching for missing 18-year-old swimmer
- Video shows person of interest in Cy-Fair area arson
- Person found shot, killed in SW Houston parking lot
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend's relatives in SE Houston
- otrc: Mariah has wardrobe malfunction on GMA
- abcnews: Zookeeper dies from tiger attack
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboards, rides toy cars 24 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos