Patti LaBelle files countersuit in alleged airport attack
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have a new development in the lawsuit involving entertainer Patti LaBelle and the beating of a former West Point cadet caught on video.LaBelle has filed a countersuit against Richard King claiming the former cadet attacked her and two people who work for her. The suit comes in response to a lawsuit filed by King over the security video from Bush Intercontinental Airport. The video shows LaBelle's entourage beating King. King's suit names LaBelle, her employees and an airport worker. King's lawyer sent us a statement saying, "Ms. LaBelle and company are continuing to attack an innocent man by telling the same false story they told the police. Thank goodness we have the surveillance videotape, which speaks volumes, and neutral eyewitnesses who will testify that Richard was brutally assaulted without provocation."
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013 17 min ago
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption' 45 min ago
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 44 min ago
- Women behind aggravated robbery caught on video 57 min ago
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- Suspected molester to cops: 'I need help'
- Man facing charges in beating death of his own mother 37 min ago
- 'Pastor' indicted in real estate investment scam
- Vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets burgers for life
- Surgeons remove tiger's basketball-sized hairball
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links