Tomball cancels its July 4th fireworks
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- Another July 4th fireworks display in our area has been canceled due to the ongoing Texas drought.The Tomball Fire Department says it has canceled its annual Fourth of July fireworks because of the extreme fire potential conditions. The debris field from the fireworks show is projected to fall north of Hicks Street and into a very dry heavily wooded residential area, according to the fire department. The other planned activities at the Target Parking Lot at FM2920 and Parr Court will continue as planned. Just yesterday, The Woodlands canceled its public fireworks display.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 2 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak
abc13.com News Links