Woman served bloody meal at Kingwood restaurant
KINGWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- After eating half a meal at a Houston-area restaurant, a woman was told there was blood on the food -- human blood. That woman is worried about her health and demanding action from the restaurant.It happened at the Cracker Barrel in Kingwood on Highway 59 near Northpark Drive. Susan Mosher says the problem stems from an injured restaurant worker, and she says it's left her paranoid for days. Mosher says her problems with cracker barrel all started two weeks ago. When she was dining with her husband at this location off Highway 59 in Kingwood and ordered the BLT. "I ate about half of my sandwich and a couple of the fries, and I looked down, and there is blood," Mosher said. Human blood, according to Mosher, was covering some of her fries and the plate. "Actually, it looked like fingerprints from someone's hand. Like they took the fries, and you could see the prints on the fries, blood," she said. Mosher says she freaked out. "The waitress had came over, I thought her eyes were going to pop out of her head. Because as soon as she seen it, she knew also what it was, and she just kept saying Oh my God, Oh my God, and took it and ran to the kitchen," Mosher said. Mosher says the waitress told her the blood was from a cook who'd cut himself while preparing food. And now this worried cancer survivor says she's demanding some answers from Cracker Barrel. "I want them to run a blood test on the gentleman that cut himself at the restaurant that exposed me with his bodily fluid. He's endangered my life, and I don't think that a large thing to ask," Mosher said. In a statement issued to Eyewitness News, the restaurant's spokeswoman says, in part:
- "Cracker Barrel Old Country Store was very concerned about this incident and investigated to the fullest extent possible. We regret that the guest's desire to have the grill cook who prepared her meal tested could not be fulfilled. A company by law cannot compel such testing. We understand that the guest believes such testing would mean she wouldn't have to go through testing herself, but that's actually not the case. For complete assurance, the guest needs to work with her doctor for medical guidance. In such cases, Cracker Barrel always agrees to consider and evaluate reimbursement of medical bills. We, of course, would do the same in this case.
Again, Cracker Barrel was very concerned about this incident and regrets the distress it has caused. Please know that we have systems and processes in place to ensure that all quality standards are met. Food safety is one critical component of those standards. We strive everyday to ensure that all food served at our restaurants is of the highest quality and safe to eat. On the rare occasions when there is any question, we investigate and take appropriate action."
"I pray to God there's nothing wrong with me," Mosher said.The company also sent Mosher this letter of apology along two $50 gift cards but says that does nothing for her peace of mind. For now, Mosher says she's talking to her doctors and a lawyer. We checked with the Harris County Health Department. A spokeswoman there told me inspectors did visit the restaurant yesterday and managers there confirmed the incident. She says the mangers were given a firm warning about safety procedures.
kingwood, local, demond fernandez
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school 56 min ago
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
8 min ago