Tanger, Simon to build Texas City outlet mall
HOUSTON -- Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Inc. and Simon Property Group Inc. said Thursday that they will work on a joint venture to develop and build a Tanger Outlet Center south of Houston.
Tanger said the companies will jointly develop, build, lease and manage the center, which will be located 30 miles outside of Houston in Texas City, Texas. Each company will own half of the venture.
Tanger said the center will include more than 90 brand-name and designer outlet stores and cover 350,000 square feet. It will be built on 55 acres and the companies plan to eventually expand the center by an additional 120,000 square feet.
Tanger, a real estate investment trust, said construction is expected to begin in July and the center is expected to open a year later.
When it's completed, the center is expected to produce 900 full- and part-time jobs.
Tanger is based in Greensboro, N.C., and Simon in Indianapolis.
texas city, local
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths 8 min ago
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable 33 min ago
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos