Tanger, Simon to build Texas City outlet mall
HOUSTON -- Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Inc. and Simon Property Group Inc. said Thursday that they will work on a joint venture to develop and build a Tanger Outlet Center south of Houston.
Tanger said the companies will jointly develop, build, lease and manage the center, which will be located 30 miles outside of Houston in Texas City, Texas. Each company will own half of the venture.
Tanger said the center will include more than 90 brand-name and designer outlet stores and cover 350,000 square feet. It will be built on 55 acres and the companies plan to eventually expand the center by an additional 120,000 square feet.
Tanger, a real estate investment trust, said construction is expected to begin in July and the center is expected to open a year later.
When it's completed, the center is expected to produce 900 full- and part-time jobs.
Tanger is based in Greensboro, N.C., and Simon in Indianapolis.
texas city, local
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 41 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse 1 min ago
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub 4 min ago
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places 57 min ago
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 55 min ago
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out