Galveston Daily News publisher to retire
GALVESTON, TX -- Longtime Galveston County Daily News president and publisher Dolph Tillotson has announced that he'll retire Aug. 29 after 24 years at the newspaper's helm.The 61-year-old veteran newspaper executive will be succeeded by Patrick Graham, publisher of newspaper's sister paper in northeastern Texas, The Paris News. Tillotson will remain a board member of Galveston Newspapers Inc., which publishes the newspaper, and an executive vice president of the parent Southern Newspapers Inc.
Aside from work as the Galveston paper's top executive, Tillotson has actively lobbied on behalf of state newspaper publishers. He spent seven years as president of the Texas Daily Newspaper Association and is a past president of the southern Newspaper Publishers Association.
Graham, like Tillotson, began his career in Alabama. The 42-year-old executive is married with three daughters.
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking 54 min ago
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area 58 min ago
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Help the TSU band get to Canton with Michael Strahan