Boy, 5, drowns at Texas City Dike
TEXAS CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A five-year-old boy drowned while swimming near the Texas City Dike.Police say the boy went under at the Texas City Dike Beach Wednesday afternoon. Three people used a raft to find the child and pull him out of the water. They took him to shore and started CPR, but it was too late.
The boy was pronounced dead at the hospital. Police say the child was from Houston, but they have not released his identity yet.
texas city, local
- Police: 2 dead after car crashes into crowd in Austin 24 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 6 people dead 20 min ago
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Authorities investigating second auto-pedestrian in NW Harris...
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves 40 min ago
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 12 min ago
- George Zimmerman's parents suing Roseanne Barr
- Man steals SUV with child inside, carjacks two others
- Elementary school seeks to offer kids nutritious food