Woman wins appeal to have 'Diaper Baby' book banned
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- We have an update on a book ban appeal at Brown Elementary School. A Channelview ISD's parent wanting one kid's book banned from the library has finally gotten her wish.Back in May, we told you that Tammy Harris had filed a complaint with the school. She wanted "The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby" pulled from the library because it contained the phrase 'poo poo head.'
Harris said her son was suspended for using the same phrase.
A committee rejected the complaint last month, but Harris appealed and won and now the book is banned.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County 23 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 9 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged 44 min ago
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan