Woman wins appeal to have 'Diaper Baby' book banned
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- We have an update on a book ban appeal at Brown Elementary School. A Channelview ISD's parent wanting one kid's book banned from the library has finally gotten her wish.Back in May, we told you that Tammy Harris had filed a complaint with the school. She wanted "The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby" pulled from the library because it contained the phrase 'poo poo head.'
Harris said her son was suspended for using the same phrase.
A committee rejected the complaint last month, but Harris appealed and won and now the book is banned.
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 32 min ago
- Law enforcement training program suspended 47 min ago
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted 56 min ago
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday...
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you 42 min ago
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond