Teen accused of vandalizing home, vehicles in West U.
Thursday, July 14, 2011
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A River Oaks teen is accused of damaging a home and vehicles in four incidents in West University Place and Bellaire.William Radovan Tyler, 19, is charged with four felony counts of criminal mischief. Tyler is accused of damaging vehicles and homes in separate incidents in June and July. The first incident happened on June 8. West U. police say Tyler admitted that he spray painted inappropriate words, poured paint stripper, and super glued coins on the vehicles parked in the driveway. Tyler also painted an image of genitalia on the front door and side wall of the residence, and spilled grass killer on a patch of lawn, according to court documents. The second incident happened at the same West U. home on July 1. Tyler is accused of scraping the sides, back and hood of a different vehicle parked in the driveway with a box cutter and puncturing the tires. Court documents state police say Tyler admitted to causing the damage because a resident there had been harassing his cousin. The total estimated damage is more than $22,000 for the two incidents, according to court documents. Tyler is also accused of spray painting and puncturing tires on two other vehicles, one in West U. and one in Bellaire, on July 1. Tyler's bond has been set at $2,000 for each count.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
west university, bellaire, local
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 8 min ago
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop 6 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
abc13.com News Links