Surveillance images released after school copper theft
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators hope you can help them find the person they say is responsible for stealing $100,000 worth of copper coils and piping.Around 5:30am Wednesday, a maintenance worker arrived at Cummings Elementary School in the Alief ISD and noticed a shopping cart with piping in it. Another employee on the campus reported hearing strange sounds.
By the time they called in someone to investigate, the suspect had fled, but not before investigators believe they captured him on surveillance video.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-8477 tips hotline or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the identification, charging or arrest of any of the suspects in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message - Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault 5 min ago
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase 18 min ago
- Photos: 7 big brands that are stuggling
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation in SW Houston 4 min ago
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI 23 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts 55 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop