Crews quickly extinguish chemical plant fire in Pearland
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- Foam helped firefighters quickly put out a chemical plant fire in Pearland overnight.Several large tanks at the Syntech chemical plant on Hooper and Riley ignited just before 1am. Fortunately, firefighters tell us the tanks were filled with non-hazardous chemicals.
They sprayed gallons and gallons of foam on the fire. It was extinguished within 30 minutes.
Firefighters still don't know what started the fire.
- Child at center of Amber Alert found safe 1 min ago
- Details to be released on plans for 2017 Super Bowl
- Burglars pose as construction workers during jewelry heist 20 min ago
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces 40 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related 57 min ago
- Overturned big rig causing rush hour problems on 288 23 min ago
- Jodi Arias jury deadlocked but must continue
- Baby found in trash bag can have new parents
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake 1 min ago
- What's the farthest point from the Earth's center?
- Sketch released of suspect in fatal shooting in southeast Houston
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved