Galena Park ISD employees to all get pay raises
GALENA PARK, TX (KTRK) -- Every employee in Galena Park ISD will receive a pay increase for the 2011-2012 school year, the district announced, at a time when many districts are freezing salaries amid teacher layoffs and budget cuts.The school district announced the compensation package was approved by the board of trustees during their July meeting.
The compensation package for 2011-2012 includes a starting teacher salary of $45,000. The package also provides teachers, counselors, librarians and nurses with a step increase averaging one percent over their 2010-2011 salaries. All other employees will receive a pay increase based on a one percent to mid-point calculation for their respective pay grades.
"While numerous school districts are having to freeze salaries, our trustees have once again risen to the occasion by providing our dedicated employees a well-deserved pay raise," said Dr. Angi Williams, Interim Superintendent of Schools. "The trustees have demonstrated their commitment to our employees and our community during these difficult economic times."
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot in Bellaire-area parking lot 14 min ago
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush 11 min ago
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
27 min ago