Missing Kinston mom's car found
RALEIGH -- Raleigh police have taken over the case of a missing Kinston mother who was last seen in the capital city last week and say her car has been found.
Authorities say 27-year-old Laura Jean Ackerson was last seen on the night of July 13. Ackerson was in Wilson for a business trip, before heading to Raleigh.
Police are calling the mother of two's disappearance suspicious, because she has no prior history of disappearing and has a close relationship with her kids.
Ackerson's brother told ABC11 Tuesday that he's very concerned.
"I hope that she comes back safely and, you know, just want to have a quick ending to this," said Jason Ackerman. "She tries to see them as often as possible. Something's happened to her, I think."
Ackerson is described as a white woman with long brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen inside her 2006 white 4-door Ford Focus with the North Carolina license tag number ZTL-7433. Police said the car was located near 5400 Summit Manor Lane in Raleigh Wednesday morning.
Raleigh Police Department spokesperson Jim Sughrue said detectives have not uncovered any evidence showing foul play is involved in Ackerson's disappearance.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Raleigh CrimeStoppers tip line at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, local/state
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives? 3 min ago
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale