One killed in motorcycle accident in Sugar Land
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- A motorcyclist was killed and his female passenger critically injured after crashing into an SUV near a gas station overnight.It happened at 11:45pm on Highway 6 near Voss in Fort Bend County. Investigators say the driver of the SUV was pulling out of a gas station and tried to cross Highway 6 to go north. The motorcycle struck the side of the SUV.
The 30-year-old male driver died at the scene. DPS identified him as Thomas Lollar and told us he was not wearing a helmet.The 26-year-old female passenger, identified as Charli Russell by DPS, was taken by LifeFlight to Memorial Hermann Hospital in critical condition. We're told Russell is still alive and in critical condition.
The driver of the SUV and a passenger were not hurt, but will be ticketed for the crash.
sugar land, local
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels 22 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 10 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 2 min ago
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret 9 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
9 min ago
- Residents upset over planned housing project
5 min ago