Conroe man with 8 DWIs gets 55 years in prison
CONROE, TX -- A Houston-area man will be 100 years old before he's eligible for parole after his eighth drunken-driving conviction.A Montgomery County jury convicted 73-year-old Gliddon William Davis of Conroe, then sentenced him to 55 years in prison over the 2009 incident. Witnesses contacted law officers after noticing Davis was driving erratically through New Caney.
His blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit for driving.
District Attorney Brett Ligon says jurors determined that Davis, who was convicted and sentenced late Wednesday, had used his vehicle as a deadly weapon.
Court records indicate Davis had seven previous DWI convictions, plus convictions for two counts of attempted rape, one assault with intent to commit rape and other felonies.
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Black Friday shoppers' credit card info at risk
- Girl, 10, found safely after overnight search
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Firefighters battle blaze at Katy Taco Bell 28 min ago
- Police: Multiple casualties following London theater collapse 4 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual' 52 min ago
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home 5 min ago
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death 53 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home
- Man found reading Bible after chase in NW Harris Co.
- METRO bus involved in accident near Reliant Park
- No more playing in the street, says Florida HOA
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos