HCSO deputies investigating triple shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Deputies are investigating a triple shooting in northwest Harris County.Two of the victims have died, and police believe it all started with an altercation at a nearby nightclub.
According to investigators, two groups of men got into a fight at Le Cave nightclub around 6am Sunday. Security kicked them out, but their cars met a block away on FM 1960 near Veterans Memorial.
A witness told us a man got out of an older model white Ford pickup truck and fired his gun right into the victims' black car. Five bullets blew through the window. Two men were hit directly and a woman was grazed.
The victims were identified Sunday evening.
Lee Hernandez, 19, died at Ben Taub General Hospital from his wounds. Elizabeth Sandoval, 24, suffered minor injuries. Roland Vargas, 23, was rushed to Ben Taub with critical injuries, where he died shortly after midnight.
Harris County homicide investigators combed the intersection of FM 1960 and Veterans Memorial for shell casings from the murder weapon. Officials say it appears to be an assault rifle.
Residents living behind Le Cave say the business has brought nothing but problems to their neighborhood. They are fed up, and taking action.
"Things are getting really bad," nearby resident Eric Narvez said.
Residents say after-hours night clubs sprouting along the old farm-to-market road are destroying neighborhoods, like Champions Terrace.
"It's all night noise [and] fights in the parking lot," said Matthew Fresquez, who lives behind Le Cave.
The maddening violence, neighbors say, is spilling onto their street.
"People come out the back of the building and throw stones at the garage," Dale Jones with the area homeowners association said. "It's just really gotten out of hand."
Jones and his neighbors have installed video cameras and audio recorders. Now, their homeowners association is in the process of filing a formal complaint against Le Cave.
"Most of the people who live here are 40 to 70 or 80 [years old], and we can't handle that. We can't keep going like this," Jones said.
Detectives are still looking for the suspects involved in the triple shooting. Anyone with information is urged call Harris County homicide or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for more on this developing story. We will also let you know what happens with the neighborhood's formal complaint.
local, sonia azad
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale