Adult dancer won't face new charge in baby case
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The adult club dancer who refused to tell authorities where her newborn son was will not be charged, at least in that case.Micah Alford, 26, was arrested Wednesday outside the Ritz Club in southeast Houston. A Galveston County deputy constable had been looking for Alford and her newborn since he heard from an informant earlier this week.
The caller said Alford lost her three other children to Child Protective Services and recently failed a drug test required as a term of probation. Police say she was pregnant with her fourth child at the time.
Alford was arrested outside the Ritz Club but refused to say where her baby was. Finally, a woman said to have cared for Alford as a child produced the newborn. She had to buy food and diapers for him.
Alford will be transferred to the Galveston County Jail on the probation violation warrant, which carries $100,000 bond.
pasadena, local, deborah wrigley
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County 11 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 32 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days 58 min ago
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal