Adult dancer won't face new charge in baby case
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The adult club dancer who refused to tell authorities where her newborn son was will not be charged, at least in that case.Micah Alford, 26, was arrested Wednesday outside the Ritz Club in southeast Houston. A Galveston County deputy constable had been looking for Alford and her newborn since he heard from an informant earlier this week.
The caller said Alford lost her three other children to Child Protective Services and recently failed a drug test required as a term of probation. Police say she was pregnant with her fourth child at the time.
Alford was arrested outside the Ritz Club but refused to say where her baby was. Finally, a woman said to have cared for Alford as a child produced the newborn. She had to buy food and diapers for him.
Alford will be transferred to the Galveston County Jail on the probation violation warrant, which carries $100,000 bond.
pasadena, local, deborah wrigley
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots 3 min ago
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes 41 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped 5 min ago
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit
- Woman's car hits west Houston fire station
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Mom charged after 4-year-old found in parking lot
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Man charged in July murder of woman dumped in ditch
- Antique telephones brought back to life
17 min ago