Adult dancer won't face new charge in baby case
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The adult club dancer who refused to tell authorities where her newborn son was will not be charged, at least in that case.Micah Alford, 26, was arrested Wednesday outside the Ritz Club in southeast Houston. A Galveston County deputy constable had been looking for Alford and her newborn since he heard from an informant earlier this week.
The caller said Alford lost her three other children to Child Protective Services and recently failed a drug test required as a term of probation. Police say she was pregnant with her fourth child at the time.
Alford was arrested outside the Ritz Club but refused to say where her baby was. Finally, a woman said to have cared for Alford as a child produced the newborn. She had to buy food and diapers for him.
Alford will be transferred to the Galveston County Jail on the probation violation warrant, which carries $100,000 bond.
pasadena, local, deborah wrigley
- Hwy 225 reopens following tanker accident 26 min ago
- Proposal to turn Astrodome into conference center 41 min ago
- Investigators want new probe of 1996 TWA crash 4 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico 56 min ago
- Dickinson police asking for help to find missing man
- Don't they like the way he looks?
- Cypress teen Danielle Bradbery wins 'The Voice'
- Fed suggests it's closer to slowing bond purchases
- Texas tops US in number of lost, stolen firearms
- Feds: Men tried to make X-ray weapon
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos