Father drops cyberbully suit against local girls
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A settlement has been reached in a lawsuit against three Houston-area girls over an alleged cyberbullying video threatening a classmate.Attorney Robert Naudin, representing a man who says his daughter was targeted, said Wednesday that the agreement with families of the Kingwood girls includes apologies, a donation and assurances against future bullying.
"The parties have resolved the case without the need for further involvement of the court," Naudin said. "As this is a matter involving minors, we are pleased that the situation has been dealt with in a reasonable manner, despite having to file the lawsuit."
The video was done in May while the three girls, who attended Riverwood Middle School, were off campus. The lawyer father of the girl allegedly targeted in the Facebook posting gave the video to school officials, plus sent cease-and-desist demands to the families.
For its part, Facebook removed the video in accordance with its abuse policies.
The defamation of character lawsuit was filed in June. All three girls denied the allegations.
Names of the children haven't been made public, but all of the children live in Kingwood and are students at Riverwood Middle School in Humble ISD.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels 36 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 24 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 16 min ago
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret 23 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
23 min ago
- Residents upset over planned housing project
19 min ago