IAH named third safest airport in nation
Friday, August 05, 2011
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A new report on airport safety shows that Bush Intercontinental Airport is the third safest airport in the country.
Travel + Leisure magazine's website looked at the FAA's latest runway safety report and other statistics to determine the safest airports. The report found the runway accident rate nationwide was about one in 1.6 million flights. IAH had zero. The article also says, "By the end of 2011, IAH will be one of only four airports around the globe with direct flights to all six inhabited continents." The safest airport is in Cincinnati, with Memphis International coming in second. Pittsburgh International and Portland International rounded out the top five. Hobby was not ranked in the magazine's list of the top 15 safest airports.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
bush intercontinental airport, local
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning 36 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas 19 min ago
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail 43 min ago
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records 45 min ago
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching 35 min ago
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Boy in need embraces spirit of holiday giving
41 min ago
abc13.com News Links