Seabrook boy dead from gunshot wound
SEABROOK, TX (KTRK) -- A young boy was shot and killed in Seabrook, and police are working to figure out how it happened.
Seabrook police got a 9-1-1 call around 9:30pm Saturday. The caller said there had been a shooting at a home in the 1400 block of Brookwood Court, and that the gun was still there.
When officers arrived, they discovered the caller was a boy around 13 years old. Police said the boy took them to the shooting victim -- another boy around 13 years old.
The victim had been shot in the chest with a shotgun, officials said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to investigators, the victim was a resident of the home and the other boy was a visitor. Police said they were alone in the house with no adults present.
Parents were notified by police shortly after the shooting.
The nature and the details of the shooting are still under investigation. No charges have been filed.
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath 29 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow