Seabrook boy dead from gunshot wound
SEABROOK, TX (KTRK) -- A young boy was shot and killed in Seabrook, and police are working to figure out how it happened.
Seabrook police got a 9-1-1 call around 9:30pm Saturday. The caller said there had been a shooting at a home in the 1400 block of Brookwood Court, and that the gun was still there.
When officers arrived, they discovered the caller was a boy around 13 years old. Police said the boy took them to the shooting victim -- another boy around 13 years old.
The victim had been shot in the chest with a shotgun, officials said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to investigators, the victim was a resident of the home and the other boy was a visitor. Police said they were alone in the house with no adults present.
Parents were notified by police shortly after the shooting.
The nature and the details of the shooting are still under investigation. No charges have been filed.
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home