Woman accused of stealing from retirement home resident
DEER PARK, TX (KTRK) -- Police are searching for a Pasadena woman who is facing felony charges after police say she stole and pawned jewelry from a resident at a Deer Park retirement home.
Maria Luisa Gonzalez, 38, is charged with felony theft. According to court documents, she confessed to stealing from residents at the Waterford retirement home on McDermott Street in Deer Park while she worked there as a housekeeper.
Investigators say on May 12, a resident discovered jewelry missing from her apartment. She told investigators that a gold bracelet valued at $1,200 and a diamond pendant worth $1,750 were missing, as was other cash and jewelry.
Court documents go on to say that police determined that Gonzalez had made around 100 transactions at pawn shops since January of last year. Police took photos of some of the jewelry in question and the victim at the retirement home identified those pieces as hers.
Police say Gonzalez confessed to stealing multiple pieces of jewelry from residents over the course of a year, and also told them that a co-worker gave her other pieces of jewelry that she knew were stolen. She reportedly confirmed to investigators that the two pieces of jewelry the victim identified as hers were among the stolen items.
There is currently an open warrant for Gonzalez's arrest.
deer park, pasadena, local
- weather: Rain moving through our area 52 min ago
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries 13 min ago
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover 16 min ago
- Wrong way driver killed after slamming into students' SUV 4 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school