HPD: Road rage sparked shooting in north Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Three people were recovering in the hospital Saturday after a suspected road rage shooting in north Houston.
Police say it all started after a traffic accident Friday night on West Rd. near the North Freeway.
According to officials, people in both cars exchanged words after the accident.
At some point, someone in one of the vehicles shot the three men who were in the other vehicle. Investigators are trying to determine where the shooting took place. Police believe both cars moved to a nearby business parking lot, and it may have happened there.
Both vehicles fled the scene of the shooting. The victims were picked up at a home on Goodson Dr. at Imperial Valley in north Houston and transported to area hospitals. One went to Ben Taub General Hospital. At last check, he was stable. The other two victims were rushed to Memorial Hermann Hospital in serious condition.
Police said they are searching for the suspects involved in the shooting.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year' 10 min ago
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses 26 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 1 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony 8 min ago
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail 3 min ago
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids