2-alarm fire burns outside Pasadena chemical plant
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- Firefighters battled a two-alarm fire outside Goodyear Bayport Chemical Plant in Pasadena on Saturday.
The fire was at the plant on Goodyear Dr. at La Porte Freeway.
According to the Pasadena Fire Department, the blaze was confined to a pit exterior to the plant's buildings.
It was originally reported that tires were burning. Officials said it was some kind of rubber.
No injuries were reported. The fire was tapped out within about 15 minutes, officials said, and a hazmat team responded as a precaution.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one 35 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 43 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident