2-alarm fire burns outside Pasadena chemical plant
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- Firefighters battled a two-alarm fire outside Goodyear Bayport Chemical Plant in Pasadena on Saturday.
The fire was at the plant on Goodyear Dr. at La Porte Freeway.
According to the Pasadena Fire Department, the blaze was confined to a pit exterior to the plant's buildings.
It was originally reported that tires were burning. Officials said it was some kind of rubber.
No injuries were reported. The fire was tapped out within about 15 minutes, officials said, and a hazmat team responded as a precaution.
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation 9 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now 14 min ago
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston 17 min ago
- YouTube turns 9 today! 4 min ago
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans 1 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- Travis Herzog's Wednesday weather forecast
46 min ago