Bellaire socialite testifies against man who tried to kill her
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Bellaire socialite believed to be targeted in a murder-for-hire plot took the stand Monday against the man accused of trying to kill her.
Yvonne Stern identified Nhut Nguyen as the man who shot at her after she answered the door to her Bellaire home. During cross examination, Stern said she is standing by her husband, attorney Jeffrey Stern.
Prosecutors accuse Jeffrey Stern of trying several times to have his wife killed. They allege that his mistress, Michelle Gaiser, was the mastermind of the murder-for-hire plot.
Gaiser, Nguyen and two other alleged hit men are all facing charges in this case.Closing arguments in Nguyen's trial are scheduled for Tuesday.
- Arctic cold front blows in 20 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight 24 min ago
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Testimony continues in baby death trial
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Can you say this tongue twister?
- Video: Beer is for more than just drinking!