Bellaire socialite testifies against man who tried to kill her
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Bellaire socialite believed to be targeted in a murder-for-hire plot took the stand Monday against the man accused of trying to kill her.
Yvonne Stern identified Nhut Nguyen as the man who shot at her after she answered the door to her Bellaire home. During cross examination, Stern said she is standing by her husband, attorney Jeffrey Stern.
Prosecutors accuse Jeffrey Stern of trying several times to have his wife killed. They allege that his mistress, Michelle Gaiser, was the mastermind of the murder-for-hire plot.
Gaiser, Nguyen and two other alleged hit men are all facing charges in this case.Closing arguments in Nguyen's trial are scheduled for Tuesday.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston 31 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery