Ex-NBA ref from Spring kills self on day wife's body found
NEW ORLEANS, LA -- Authorities say a former NBA referee shot and killed himself in a suburban New Orleans hotel room on the same day his wife was found strangled at their Houston area home.
A law-enforcement official in Montgomery County, Texas, says Troy Raymond was a person of interest in the death of his wife, Leslie Anderson Raymond, whose body was discovered last Thursday at their home in Spring.
Troy Raymond's body was discovered Thursday at a hotel in Jefferson Parish. The coroner's office said he shot himself in the head.
Tim Holifield, a Montgomery County constable, said Wednesday that Raymond hasn't been named a suspect in his wife's killing and it's premature to connect their deaths.
Raymond was a NBA referee during the 2003-04 season and has refereed college games.
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Police investigating 2 deaths in west Houston
- Botox now big with 20-somethings
- What kinds of luxury cars can you buy in Houston?
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos