Ex-NBA ref from Spring kills self on day wife's body found
NEW ORLEANS, LA -- Authorities say a former NBA referee shot and killed himself in a suburban New Orleans hotel room on the same day his wife was found strangled at their Houston area home.
A law-enforcement official in Montgomery County, Texas, says Troy Raymond was a person of interest in the death of his wife, Leslie Anderson Raymond, whose body was discovered last Thursday at their home in Spring.
Troy Raymond's body was discovered Thursday at a hotel in Jefferson Parish. The coroner's office said he shot himself in the head.
Tim Holifield, a Montgomery County constable, said Wednesday that Raymond hasn't been named a suspect in his wife's killing and it's premature to connect their deaths.
Raymond was a NBA referee during the 2003-04 season and has refereed college games.
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 14 min ago
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 12 min ago
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center