Ex-NBA ref from Spring kills self on day wife's body found
NEW ORLEANS, LA -- Authorities say a former NBA referee shot and killed himself in a suburban New Orleans hotel room on the same day his wife was found strangled at their Houston area home.
A law-enforcement official in Montgomery County, Texas, says Troy Raymond was a person of interest in the death of his wife, Leslie Anderson Raymond, whose body was discovered last Thursday at their home in Spring.
Troy Raymond's body was discovered Thursday at a hotel in Jefferson Parish. The coroner's office said he shot himself in the head.
Tim Holifield, a Montgomery County constable, said Wednesday that Raymond hasn't been named a suspect in his wife's killing and it's premature to connect their deaths.
Raymond was a NBA referee during the 2003-04 season and has refereed college games.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 36 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change 13 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash 17 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records