Funeral set for Fort Bend football player who drowned
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- Family and friends will remember a Fort Bend County high school student who lost his life in the Brazos River.
Benjamin Ola, 17, drowned while swimming with his friends after a morning football practice last Friday. Ola was on the junior varsity team at Travis High School and also a member of the Marine JROTC.
Funeral services will be held Thursday at 10am at the Houston International Seventh Day Adventist Church.
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43 28 min ago
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20