Funeral set for Fort Bend football player who drowned
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- Family and friends will remember a Fort Bend County high school student who lost his life in the Brazos River.
Benjamin Ola, 17, drowned while swimming with his friends after a morning football practice last Friday. Ola was on the junior varsity team at Travis High School and also a member of the Marine JROTC.
Funeral services will be held Thursday at 10am at the Houston International Seventh Day Adventist Church.
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH 12 min ago
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Consumer Reports Naughty and Nice list
10 min ago