Body found near golf course in Jersey Village
JERSEY VILLAGE, TX (KTRK) -- A jogger made a disturbing discovery Thursday morning while running near a golf course in Jersey Village. The body of a man who was reportedly stabbed to death.
On a utility easement in a large field with a walking path, investigators say at around 6am a jogger discovered a body in the 8100 block of Jersey Meadow Drive and called 911.
"At this time, the male remains unidentified. We have no motive in the homicide and the investigation is ongoing," said Sgt. Greg Pinkins with Harris Co. Sheriff's Office.
Among the few details released were that the man is Hispanic with a large build, possibly in his 20's or 30's and he had been stabbed several times.
Not far from where detectives were investigating the murder is the Lake of Jersey Meadows subdivision, where residents Thursday were stunned.
"It's kind of scary. I would never expect that," said resident Jennifer Nguyen.
It's a small, quiet neighborhood full of families who now have concerns about what happened and say they're adapting to it.
"Keeping our alarms on and making sure that the little ones are safe," said resident Linda Hildreth.
It's not known if the man was killed here of if his body was simply left. The man was wearing a dark-colored shirt and dark pants.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to Crime Stoppers at 713-221-TIPS (8477).
jersey village, local, deborah wrigley
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Black Friday shoppers' credit card info at risk
- Girl, 10, found safely after overnight search
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Firefighters battle blaze at Katy Taco Bell 6 min ago
- Police: Multiple casualties following London theater collapse 34 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home 35 min ago
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death 21 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home
- Man found reading Bible after chase in NW Harris Co.
- METRO bus involved in accident near Reliant Park
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos