Last suspect guilty in Facebook holdup bragging
HOUSTON -- A Houston bank robbery suspect caught after the words "IM RICH" appeared on his Facebook page has pleaded guilty.
Prosecutors say 19-year-old Ricky Gonzalez pleaded guilty Thursday to bank robbery and embezzlement of bank funds.
International Bank of Commerce was robbed March 23 by two masked, armed men.
Gonzalez is the boyfriend of 18-year-old Estefany Danelia Martinez, who was a teller. A tip led investigators to the Facebook site and the comment posted by Martinez.
Martinez, fellow teller 19-year-old Anna Margarita Rivera and Rivera's brother, 22-year-old Arturo Solano, previously pleaded guilty.
All four face maximum 10-year prison terms for bank robbery and 30 years for embezzlement, during sentencing later this year.
Investigators say about $62,000 was stolen. More than half of the money has been recovered.
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown 24 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 38 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case