Last suspect guilty in Facebook holdup bragging
HOUSTON -- A Houston bank robbery suspect caught after the words "IM RICH" appeared on his Facebook page has pleaded guilty.
Prosecutors say 19-year-old Ricky Gonzalez pleaded guilty Thursday to bank robbery and embezzlement of bank funds.
International Bank of Commerce was robbed March 23 by two masked, armed men.
Gonzalez is the boyfriend of 18-year-old Estefany Danelia Martinez, who was a teller. A tip led investigators to the Facebook site and the comment posted by Martinez.
Martinez, fellow teller 19-year-old Anna Margarita Rivera and Rivera's brother, 22-year-old Arturo Solano, previously pleaded guilty.
All four face maximum 10-year prison terms for bank robbery and 30 years for embezzlement, during sentencing later this year.
Investigators say about $62,000 was stolen. More than half of the money has been recovered.
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- NASA records powerful explosion on moon
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos