Another firm hired to conduct study on Astrodome
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The fate of the Astrodome will be in the hands of a consultant.
The Harris County Sports Authority has hired yet another firm to conduct an in-depth study on the Dome. It's been empty for years, but it still costs up to $4 million a year in maintenance and insurance.
It's the latest of many studies paid for by taxpayers. The report should be ready by the end of the year.
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County 34 min ago
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 19 min ago
- Man says found treasure should be his 1 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southwest Houston 14 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park 49 min ago
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation 37 min ago
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos
- Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor...
33 min ago
- Take a trip to Santa's Town
28 min ago