Another firm hired to conduct study on Astrodome
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The fate of the Astrodome will be in the hands of a consultant.
The Harris County Sports Authority has hired yet another firm to conduct an in-depth study on the Dome. It's been empty for years, but it still costs up to $4 million a year in maintenance and insurance.
It's the latest of many studies paid for by taxpayers. The report should be ready by the end of the year.
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Joy ride turns tragic for Conroe teens
- Two dead in NW Houston nursing home shooting 8 min ago
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes 49 min ago
- Massive shark reeled in from Gulf
- Toddler flown to hospital after dog bit him in the face 43 min ago
- Woman says used car's sweet deal turned sour
- Volunteer fire chief dies while battling Brazoria Co. fire