Another firm hired to conduct study on Astrodome
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The fate of the Astrodome will be in the hands of a consultant.
The Harris County Sports Authority has hired yet another firm to conduct an in-depth study on the Dome. It's been empty for years, but it still costs up to $4 million a year in maintenance and insurance.
It's the latest of many studies paid for by taxpayers. The report should be ready by the end of the year.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat