Man accused of having sex with underage girl he met on Facebook
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is accused of having sex with an underage girl he met on Facebook.
Jaime Martinez, 20, is charged with sexual assault of a child under 17 years of age. Court documents state a 15-year-old girl told authorities she met Martinez after he requested her to become his friend on Facebook. She said the two communicated via Facebook and cell phone since April.
According to court documents, Martinez met the girl at her friend's house in the Atascocita area in early June and she again told him she was 15 years old when he told her she looked young. Martinez then allegedly sexually assaulted the girl in the yard of the home.
She says Martinez told her not to tell anyone what happened and that "it stays between them," court documents show.
Deputies say Martinez admitted the girl told him she was 15 and he told her he was 20 at the time, and that the two had sex.
Bond has been set at $30,000.
atascocita, humble, local
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail