Lakewood Church fighting $3 million lawsuit
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Lakewood Church says it will fight a $3 million lawsuit over the use of a copyrighted song.
Richard Cupolo, John Emanuele and Yesh Music filed a copyright infringement suit against Lakewood Church, and Joel and Victoria Osteen.
The suit claims the church used one of their songs without permission in national ads promoting a DVD. The church claims the music in question is one minute of background music which Lakewood Church had a license to use.
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Girl bitten 100 times in New Zealand dog attack 8 min ago
- Malaysian couple to hang for murder of maid 4 min ago
- Turkish PM threatens to ban Facebook, YouTube 2 min ago
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos