Lakewood Church fighting $3 million lawsuit
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Lakewood Church says it will fight a $3 million lawsuit over the use of a copyrighted song.
Richard Cupolo, John Emanuele and Yesh Music filed a copyright infringement suit against Lakewood Church, and Joel and Victoria Osteen.
The suit claims the church used one of their songs without permission in national ads promoting a DVD. The church claims the music in question is one minute of background music which Lakewood Church had a license to use.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak