Hula hoopers raise funds, try to break world record
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Record heat didn't stop people from trying to set a new world record at Discovery Green in downtown Houston on Sunday.
Hundreds gathered on the lawn for the Care2Spin HulaHoop Challenge. They shook their hips in an attempt to break the record for most hula hoopers spinning in unison in the same place.
The current record is 2,450. The folks at Guiness World Records haven't yet confirmed whether that number was broken in Houston.
Each hula hooper raised $100 for Easter Seals of Greater Houston, which helps people with special needs.
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Tornado Warning for Montgomery County 3 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned 23 min ago
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos