Hula hoopers raise funds, try to break world record
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Record heat didn't stop people from trying to set a new world record at Discovery Green in downtown Houston on Sunday.
Hundreds gathered on the lawn for the Care2Spin HulaHoop Challenge. They shook their hips in an attempt to break the record for most hula hoopers spinning in unison in the same place.
The current record is 2,450. The folks at Guiness World Records haven't yet confirmed whether that number was broken in Houston.
Each hula hooper raised $100 for Easter Seals of Greater Houston, which helps people with special needs.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 20 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy