Hula hoopers raise funds, try to break world record
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Record heat didn't stop people from trying to set a new world record at Discovery Green in downtown Houston on Sunday.
Hundreds gathered on the lawn for the Care2Spin HulaHoop Challenge. They shook their hips in an attempt to break the record for most hula hoopers spinning in unison in the same place.
The current record is 2,450. The folks at Guiness World Records haven't yet confirmed whether that number was broken in Houston.
Each hula hooper raised $100 for Easter Seals of Greater Houston, which helps people with special needs.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 31 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows 46 min ago
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail