Man shot in back side during bar fight in Richmond
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- A bar fight turned into an early morning shooting on the Labor Day holiday in Richmond.
Richmond police say a 34-year-old man was shot early Monday morning after he was involved in an altercation while leaving the Paraiso Sports bar located at 140 Collins Road. Witnesses said the victim was leaving the bar just after midnight with other patrons when another man, who was also leaving the bar, started arguing with him about a woman the second man wanted to take home.
During the altercation police say a single shot was fired, striking the victim somewhere on his back side. The victim ran through the parking lot, where he later collapsed.
Witnesses gave descriptions of possible suspects to the police and all leads in the shooting are being investigated. The shooter was described only as a Hispanic male wearing a green shirt.
The 34-year-old victim was transported by helicopter to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston where he is listed as stable.
Police say several persons of interest in the shooting have been identified, however no arrests have been made at this time.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette' 33 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 31 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 1 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie