Find out how you can help fire victims
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Several organizations, businesses and students are working to gather donations to help evacuated residents and displaced animals due to the destructive fires.
CURRENT DONATION NEEDS/LOCATIONS:
Waller County Fair Association needs air mattresses or some type of bedding for evacuees, and gift cards are appreciated. People and large and small animals can find shelter there. The office number is 979-826-2825.
Montgomery County Food Bank is taking donations for their pantry to help fire victims. For more information call 936-539-6686 or visit www.montgomerycountyfoodbank.com
In addition to the food drive, the MCFB has several locations to drop off food donations for the next couple of weeks:
- Montgomery County Food Bank - 111 S. 2nd Street, Conroe
- Grace Crossing Church of Christ - F.M. 1488 at I-45 North (across from Valero)
- 105 Storage - 13921 Hwy 105 in Conroe
- All Red Barrels
- HEB - Cleveland, Conroe, Spring, The Woodlands
- Kroger - Conroe, Porter, The Woodlands, Shenandoah, Magnolia
- Randall's - Conroe, The Woodlands
- Wal-Marts - Porter, Conroe, Montgomery, Spring, Tomball and The Woodlands
Most Needed Items:
- Canned Meats - Vienna Sausage, ravioli, tuna, chicken, chili
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruits
- Pork and beans
- Ramen Noodles
- Pop Tarts
- Sugar and flour
- Rice and beans
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Breakfast cereals
- Paper goods
- Can openers
- Paper and personal hygiene products - family and individual sizes
The Wildfire Farm Relief Fund has been set up by Urban Harvest to help local farmers with day-to-day operations in the wake of devastating fires. Officials said 100 percent of donations will go to the farmers. Checks, cash or credit card donations are tax deductible and can be made at any of the Urban Harvest Farmers Markets, or mail checks to Urban Harvest, 2311 Canal, Suite 200, Houston TX 77003. Checks should be written to Urban Harvest and earmarked "WFRF."
Troops 87 and 878 in the north/northwest Harris County area will be staging a supply and food drive on Sunday at Kroger stores at F.M. 2920/Kuykendahl, Louetta/Kuykendahl and Champions Forest/Cypresswood from 12pm to 6pm. All of the donations will be delivered to the firefighters and shelters for ALL of the fires occurring in Texas. Donations are being accepted at CyFair VFD Emergency Services District #9, 9630 Telge Road. They are accepting fruit, water, sports drinks, plates, cups, throat drops, lip balm, protein bars, etc.
WALLER COUNTY: An overwhelming amount of donations has flowed in to the Waller County Annex, which is being used for central storage of donations. Officials say they now ONLY need hot meals. Anyone wanting to prepare or distribute meals for anyone should coordinate that through the Waller County Annex, which is located at 775 Business 290 East in Hempstead. The central donation line is 979-826-7745. Volunteers are needed at the Annex to help with donations, traffic, phones, etc. Call 979-826-7745 for more information. The relief effort in Southern Waller County will now be coordinated at the Pattison United Methodist Fellowship Hall on F.M. 359 in Pattison. They will be accepting donations of non-perishable food, toiletries, clothes and dog and cat food for the victims of the Waller County, Grimes and Montgomery Fires.
MAGNOLIA: The Old Magnolia Fire Station at Gayle St. is no longer taking donations. Please drop off donations at Magnolia Youth Football fields located at 31660 Sugar Bend, south of the City of Magnolia. Also, United Pentecostal Church at 18235 F.M. 1488 is accepting donations. They have requested tooth brushes, toothpaste, Gatorade, Ramen Noodles, Pop Tarts, oatmeal cups, diapers and wipes. WD Feed and Supply is accepting donations for four-legged fire victims. They are collecting feed, hay, other supplies and monetary donations. You can drop off supplies at their store -- 38926 F.M. 1774 in Magnolia -- or donate by phone at 832-454-2515. If you are in need of hay or supplies, call them or drop by their store. They will continue accepting donations and giving hay and feed to evacuated residents.
OTHER DONATION LOCATIONS: Crescent Moon Wine Bar, 440 Rayford Road #115 Spring, TX 77386 - (281) 364-9463; Room with a View, 3500 West Davis Ste. 300, Conroe, TX; Zach's BBQ in Willis; Woodlands Family Dental in The Woodlands; and Old Navy, 19075 I-45 in The Woodlands.
All City Halls and all Wal-Mart, Randall's, Kroger and HEB locations in Montgomery County are drop-off sites for MCFD.
Snap to match gift card donations:
From now until September 16th, Snap Kitchen will match each gift card donation purchased in store for the Bastrop Food Bank, with a Green Card of equal value. With Snap matching all amounts, you truly can make double the difference. Snap Green Cards are good for any Snap prepared item.
OTHER ORGANIZATONS LOOKING FOR DONATIONS/VOLUNTEERS:
- All donations should be coordinated through the United Way at 281-292-4155 x 265
- United Way is taking in-kind and financial donations at HelpOurCounty.org. Click on Donate Goods.
Society of Samaritans is no longer taking CLOTHING, but they do need volunteers! 38207 F.M. 1774 Magnolia, Tx.77355
VOLUNTEERS: To volunteer, go to HelpOurCounty.org, click on Volunteers and search for Fire 2011.
RED CROSS DROP OFF LOCATION: Living Waters Assembly, 622 Commerce St., Magnolia Tx. Phone: 281-356-1687. ALSO: Magnolia Youth Football field house @ 31660 Sugar Bend off of F.M. 1774
- Monetary donations to support Salvation Army Disaster Services can be made by:
- MAIL -- Please send checks to The Salvation Army, PO Box 36607, Dallas, TX 75235
- PHONE at 1-800-SAL-ARMY
- ONLINE at www.salvationarmytexas.org
WILDFIRE ANIMAL RESCOURCES:
- Pawsitively Texas - The Facebook page used to crosspost many of the needs of all involved saving lives of Texas pets!
- Waller County Wildfire Area Lost and Found Animals- A Facebook page for lost and found animals in Waller County
- Assistance Information for Animals Displaced by Wildfires - A Facebook page to track animals
- Lost and Found Pets From Texas Wildfires - A Facebook page to track lost and found pets
- Lost or Found Pets in Texas - A Facebook page to track lost and found pets
- Montgomery County, the Red Cross is staffing the evacuation center set up at Magnolia High School at 14350 F.M. 1488.
- Phone bank for all things animal-related in Waller County (injuries, lost, found, feeding, donations, volunteers, shelters, etc.): 832-544-2834, 281-889-0122, 281-889-1617.
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born 13 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends!
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
35 min ago