Police: Friendswood man abducted at gunpoint
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- Police and Crime Stoppers need your help to find two men they say are behind a terrifying abduction earlier this month in Friendswood.
It happened back on September 8. Friendswood police say the victim was getting in his car parked in front of his home at around 5am, but when he got in, there was an armed man waiting for him.
Investigators say the suspect forced the victim to drive to an isolated area off County Road 169 just south of Alvin in Brazoria County. The victim and suspect were followed by a second suspect in another vehicle.
When the three got to the location, the victim was forced to strip and was then bound with duct tape. His vehicle was set on fire and pushed down into the brush.
Investigators with the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office and fire department personnel found the victim while responding to the car fire. The suspects had fled.
The first suspect is described as a white male in his twenties, approximately 5-feet tall with a thin build and wearing a long sleeved black "hoodie" at the time. The suspect may have suffered burns as a result of lighting the vehicle with gasoline which caused a small explosion.
The second suspect is described as a white male believed to be in his late thirties, standing approximately 6-foot-2 with a stocky build. He was also wearing a black long sleeved "hoodie," dark leather gloves, work boots and blue jeans at the time of the offense. The suspect may have also suffered burns as a result of the explosion.
The vehicle that followed is described as a mid to late 1980's Chevy Suburban, with stock wheels and dark blue paint.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspects is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at 713-222-TIPS (8477). Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspects in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
friendswood, alvin, local
- HPD: Homeless man kills armed burglar 55 min ago
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing husband's co-worker
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Boy accused of setting mall fire, two others
- Can you say this tongue twister? 51 min ago
- SWAT standoff in SW Houston ends peacefully
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US
- More than 2 million passwords stolen
- Rare identical triplets born in California 30 min ago
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Extremely rare indentical triplets born
30 min ago
- McDonald's customers order food, get sack...
10 min ago