Spring man arrested for homemade bomb in garage
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- A Spring man has been arrested for constructing a homemade bomb in his garage.
The Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office says on September 20 at around 10:45pm, deputies were conducting a narcotics investigation in the 4800 block of Larksong Drive in the Bridgestone subdivision and obtained a voluntary consent to search. While searching inside the house, an unknown device was located in the garage.
The Harris County Bomb Squad and federal authorities were notified and responded to the scene. The bomb squad confirmed the device to be an explosive incendiary device and was neutralized and seized as evidence.
"This particular individual was building this device for what we say at the moment are unknown reasons. We don't know specifics about his motivation, but we are concerned that this type of activity can happen in our communities," said Constable Ron Hickman with the Harris Co. Precinct 4 Constable's Office.
Adam Buchanan, 30, was arrested and charged with possession of a prohibited weapon.
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston 51 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side 19 min ago
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker 8 min ago
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing 58 min ago
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands