NBA star Marcus Camby arrested in Pearland
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- NBA star Marcus Camby is facing a drug charge following a traffic stop in Pearland.
The story was first reported by the Pearland Journal, one of our Houston Community Newspaper partners. Pearland police tell us Camby, 37, and another man, identified as Kendal Lance Johnson, 24, were driving near Dawson High School in the 200 block of Cullen when an officer pulled them over for an equipment violation. The officer noticed the smell of marijuana.
According to police, a search of the car yielded less than two ounces of marijuana, and both Camby and Johnson were arrested. They were both charged with possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone, a misdemeanor.
Bond was set at $2,000 for each. If convicted, Camby and Johnson face up to one year in jail and up to a $4,000 fine.
Camby plays for the Portland Trailblazers. He's been in the NBA for 16 years.
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Joy ride turns tragic for Conroe teens
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes 41 min ago
- Massive shark reeled in from Gulf
- Toddler flown to hospital after dog bit him in the face 35 min ago
- Woman says used car's sweet deal turned sour
- Volunteer fire chief dies while battling Brazoria Co. fire
- 'Piles and piles' of bodies in S. Sudan slaughter
- FBI: Teacher admitted drugging kids, then molesting them