NBA star Marcus Camby arrested in Pearland
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- NBA star Marcus Camby is facing a drug charge following a traffic stop in Pearland.
The story was first reported by the Pearland Journal, one of our Houston Community Newspaper partners. Pearland police tell us Camby, 37, and another man, identified as Kendal Lance Johnson, 24, were driving near Dawson High School in the 200 block of Cullen when an officer pulled them over for an equipment violation. The officer noticed the smell of marijuana.
According to police, a search of the car yielded less than two ounces of marijuana, and both Camby and Johnson were arrested. They were both charged with possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone, a misdemeanor.
Bond was set at $2,000 for each. If convicted, Camby and Johnson face up to one year in jail and up to a $4,000 fine.
Camby plays for the Portland Trailblazers. He's been in the NBA for 16 years.
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry bears down on Mexico's coast 24 min ago
- Stampede over Beckham injures 5 in Shanghai 32 min ago
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos