NBA star Marcus Camby arrested in Pearland
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- NBA star Marcus Camby is facing a drug charge following a traffic stop in Pearland.
The story was first reported by the Pearland Journal, one of our Houston Community Newspaper partners. Pearland police tell us Camby, 37, and another man, identified as Kendal Lance Johnson, 24, were driving near Dawson High School in the 200 block of Cullen when an officer pulled them over for an equipment violation. The officer noticed the smell of marijuana.
According to police, a search of the car yielded less than two ounces of marijuana, and both Camby and Johnson were arrested. They were both charged with possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone, a misdemeanor.
Bond was set at $2,000 for each. If convicted, Camby and Johnson face up to one year in jail and up to a $4,000 fine.
Camby plays for the Portland Trailblazers. He's been in the NBA for 16 years.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 54 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse 38 min ago
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared 35 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 16 min ago
- Two charged in death of North Texas student
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Big quake strikes off N. California, no tsunami threat
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida