NBA star Marcus Camby arrested in Pearland
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- NBA star Marcus Camby is facing a drug charge following a traffic stop in Pearland.
The story was first reported by the Pearland Journal, one of our Houston Community Newspaper partners. Pearland police tell us Camby, 37, and another man, identified as Kendal Lance Johnson, 24, were driving near Dawson High School in the 200 block of Cullen when an officer pulled them over for an equipment violation. The officer noticed the smell of marijuana.
According to police, a search of the car yielded less than two ounces of marijuana, and both Camby and Johnson were arrested. They were both charged with possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone, a misdemeanor.
Bond was set at $2,000 for each. If convicted, Camby and Johnson face up to one year in jail and up to a $4,000 fine.
Camby plays for the Portland Trailblazers. He's been in the NBA for 16 years.
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill 9 min ago
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio 43 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs 10 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
10 min ago