Conroe couple indicted for infant son's death
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A Montgomery County grand jury has indicted a Conroe couple in the death of their five-week-old son.
Twenty-two-year-old Jimmie Hood and 23-year-old Denette Williams were arrested back in March, accused of shaking their baby boy to death. Preliminary autopsy results revealed the infant suffered a broken neck among other injuries. Attorneys for Hood and Williams claim the child died from sudden infant death syndrome. The couple could face anywhere from five years to life behind bars if convicted.
We brought you this story through our partnership with Houston Community Newspapers. You can read more about this case in the Courier of Montgomery County.
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 53 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter! 50 min ago
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck