Conroe couple indicted for infant son's death
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A Montgomery County grand jury has indicted a Conroe couple in the death of their five-week-old son.
Twenty-two-year-old Jimmie Hood and 23-year-old Denette Williams were arrested back in March, accused of shaking their baby boy to death. Preliminary autopsy results revealed the infant suffered a broken neck among other injuries. Attorneys for Hood and Williams claim the child died from sudden infant death syndrome. The couple could face anywhere from five years to life behind bars if convicted.
We brought you this story through our partnership with Houston Community Newspapers. You can read more about this case in the Courier of Montgomery County.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale