Authorities searching for missing elderly woman
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are searching for an 82-year-old woman missing who has been for more than 24 hours. The southeast Houston bank where the woman works says she never showed up for her shift Monday morning.
Lillian High never misses work and she's never late, so when she didn't show up for work at the Chase Bank on Beltway 8 and Interstate 45, it was clear something wasn't right.
High's family looked for her all day long. The last time she spoke with them was Sunday night. They say she always checks in with them when she's going or coming.
High's son, Earl, checked her southeast Houston home Monday morning when the bank called to say she hadn't arrived at work. He said everything was in order, and her purse and car were missing, but it was as if she left for work like normal and just never arrived.
Her family says she got a clean bill of health from her doctor just three weeks ago, and it's not like her to not be in touch so they're worried sick.
"This time, it's in God's hands," said Earl. "My belief at this point is that she had a mild stroke, she's confused, she's lost and she's sitting some place for us to find her."
High is driving a rental car because hers is at a shop for repairs. That car is a black, four-door Dodge Avenger with the license plate CD6 J492.
If you see High or the vehicle, her family urges you to call Houston police. They've filed a missing persons report and have checked hospitals as well as the morgues, but so far, they have found nothing.
local, jessica willey
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 43 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?' 2 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss 10 min ago
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed 46 min ago
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing 56 min ago
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 26 min ago
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen 35 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Fix the most common mistakes made at the gym 11 min ago
- Spruce up your furniture for spring
4 min ago
- Fix the most common mistakes made at the gym
11 min ago