Search continues for missing woman, 82
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Lillian High has been missing for nearly a week, but her family and her employer say they are not giving up on finding her.
High was last seen six days ago. Her family says they have not heard from her since.
They've been searching around as much of the city as they can.
The Laura Recovery Center set up a command post in the AMC movie theater parking lot on Beltway 8 near the Gulf Freeway. The post is plastered with photos of the missing woman and volunteers have been coming by to help with the search efforts.
High's employer, Chase Bank, is now stepping in by hiring a private investigator to help the family locate her.
For several days now, High's children have been plastering the community with photos and fliers of their missing mom.
"We just don't know. We can't find her anywhere. There's just no leads. There's nothing. Nobody seems to have seen her, and people just don't vanish," McClure said.
High mysteriously disappeared Sunday night and never showed up for work at her job at Chase Bank.
On Saturday, High's family and volunteers organized another search party, passing out maps of the area and driving around neighborhoods looking for the Dodge Avenger rental car she was driving.
"I'm scared. I'm very scared. I worry that, I want to know where she's sleeping. Is she warm? Is she scared? Has she had something to eat? Is she cold? I just want her home," McClure said.
Chase Bank is putting missing persons fliers in mailings to customers. The woman's family and friends believe she may still be in the city somewhere, disoriented or confused.
They're even more concerned that she hasn't had her medicine since Monday morning.
"My fear is that she could be passed out somewhere, and we just need to find her and bring her home," McClure said.
A team of volunteers with Texas Equusearch is expected to help out with the search for High when it continues on Sunday.
Anyone with information on her whereabouts is encouraged to call police.
local, demond fernandez
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home