Man discovers wife, son shot to death
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- In the Woodlands, a community is grieving over the death of a seven-year-old boy. Investigators say he was killed by his own mother, who then turned the gun on herself.
The boy's father made the sad discovery at their home on Frontera Circle near West Branch Crossing Drive shortly before 6pm Tuesday.
Neighbors on the street where investigators say a seven-year-old boy was shot and killed by his mother are in shock.
"Devastated," said neighbor Sheri Bell. "I don't know how you could be at that place to hurt your child and yourself, but obviously it's sad for that family."
Stepheni Crawford, 41, and her son Jack were both found dead when her husband, the child's father, came home around 6pm. Deputies say the mother shot the child in the living room and then turned the gun on herself.
"We just hope that little boy didn't suffer," said neighbor Mark Narris. "It's horrible. Poor little seven-year-old boy."
Neighbors describe the Crawfords as a private couple who kept to themselves. Most knew only that he is from Great Britain and that she was American.
No motive has been given so far by investigators, who say they have no evidence the woman had mental illness or domestic problems.
"I didn't really know them," said neighbor Donna Narris. "It was just a very isolated family."
People who saw the family outside on Sunday say everything appeared to be normal. Some of those in the neighborhood have left flowers and other items to show support for the husband and father who has lost his family.
Montgomery County investigators say husband and father 49-year-old Neal Crawford is being extremely cooperative. They describe him as being distraught and shocked.
the woodlands, local, katie mccall
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members 49 min ago
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her 15 min ago
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck 9 min ago
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'
- Judge bans gang members from East Aldine Safety Zone
- College students paid to take a year off?
- Lady Gaga addresses difficulties in SXSW keynote
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
19 min ago