Mom accidentally backs over, kills 4-year-old daughter
KINGWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A four-year-old Kingwood girl was killed after her mother accidentally backed over her in the driveway of their home late Friday afternoon.
The accident happened around 4:30pm in the 2300 block of Cumberland Oak Court.
The girl ran outside to tell her mother goodbye as she was backing out of their driveway but her mom didn't see her and ran over her.
The toddler was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital via LifeFlight but later died.
Police say the incident appears to be a tragic accident and no charges are expected to be filed.
- Outlet mall shoppers get scare on Sunday 25 min ago
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex 9 min ago
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- North Loop WB at Highway 290 shut down due to lost load
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- HISD expanding dual language program