Video released from terrifying robberies
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators with the Harris County Sheriff's Office hope you can help them find a suspect wanted in multiple aggravated robberies.
On September 28 at around 1:40pm, a man entered a convenience store in the 6500 block of Ella posing as a customer. Deputies say the suspect placed a drink on the counter and asked for a pack of cigarettes.
When the clerk turned around to reach for the cigarettes, the suspect leaped over the counter and reportedly threatened the clerk with a semi-automatic pistol.
The suspect then fled on foot.
Then on October 7, Harris County Precinct 4 constables responded to a robbery in progress at a gas station in the 600 block of Richey Road. Two victims inside said that around 1:40pm, the same man entered the business and began waving a pistol at them.
The suspect then jumped over the counter and demanded the victims surrender their cash and their wallets. Investigators say at gunpoint, the victims complied and gave the suspect an undisclosed amount of money from the cash register.
The suspect in both cases is described as an African-American male between 20 and 30 years old and standing between 5-foot-10 and 6-feet tall. They say he weighs between 210 and 240 pounds.
At the time of the crimes, the suspect was wearing a white long sleeve shirt, dark pants and a light blue rag under a ball cap.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at (713) 222-TIPS (8477).
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods