Authorities searching for missing college student
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office detectives are searching for a 24-year-old Sam Houston State University student who has been missing since last week.
Thomas (TJ) Murray Jr. was last seen leaving a sports bar on Sawdust Road shortly after midnight on October 19. He last spoke with his father around 12:30am but no one has seen or heard from him since.
Murray's cell phone was later found near the sports bar in a ditch and his pickup truck was in the parking lot.
TJ is a student at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville and though currently living in Huntsville, his family lives in South Montgomery County.
Murray Jr. is 5-foot-6, about 140 pounds and has blue eyes. He was wearing a red T-shirt with white lettering along with shorts.
Although there are no indications of foul play, it is unusual for Murray Jr. not to have contact with family members. Anyone with information about his whereabouts should contact Detective Keith Funderburk at 936-760-5876 or dispatch 936-760-5800.
- Tanker spill cleanup to continue overnight
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Gay pride parade's condom policy draws criticism
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue