Officer arrested for suspected drunk driving
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- A police captain out of Sugar Land has been arrested after he was allegedly driving drunk near the scene of a fiery big rig wreck.
Just after 11:30pm Thursday, the Stafford Police Department was asked to assist the Sugar Land Police Department with traffic control near the scene of a vehicle fire. An officer was assigned to traffic control at the intersection of Dairy Ashford and Highway 90A (South Main).
At approximately 12:13am, a vehicle tried to drive through this blocked intersection and the officer stopped the vehicle. Upon contact with the driver, identified as Sugar Land Police Department Captain Michael Lund, the officer determined Lund was intoxicated.
Sugar Land Police Department was contacted and they requested that Stafford Police Department investigate this incident.
Michael Lund was arrested and booked into the Fort Bend County Jail for driving while intoxicated. Lund has posted bond and has been released from Fort Bend County Jail.
The City of Sugar Land says Lund has been placed on administrative leave with pay pending the outcome of criminal investigations by Stafford police and the Ft. Bend Co. District Attorney's Office, and an administrative investigation by SLPD Internal Affairs.
Lund, a police officer for 27 years, works for the support division which includes detention, recruiting and training, fleet and uniform services and records, according to the city.
stafford, sugar land, local
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 33 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man shot inside NW Harris County home 14 min ago
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 6 people dead
- Pap smears could be thing of the past 7 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail 6 min ago
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Man in reported stolen car leads police on short chase
- Travis Herzog's Thursday weather forecast
30 min ago