Standoff involving kids held hostage comes to an end
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A standoff involving a man who held his children hostage while negotiating with police has come to an end.
It all started early Tuesday morning at the family's home on Bonnie at Stafford Colony Lane in Stafford. Police say they were called to the home shortly after 6am after a man and his wife got into a heated argument. When police arrived, they spoke with the man who, after a while, took his children into a bathroom, and the standoff began.
Police believe the man may have mental issues, but say he was not armed.
After more than seven hours, the children were released and the man was taken into custody.
There were no injuries.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County 40 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 41 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 17 min ago
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin 11 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her