Former Katy PTA treasurer charged with forgery
KATY, TX (KTRK) -- A former PTA treasurer at an elementary school in the Katy ISD is charged after investigators say she forged checks worth thousands of dollars.
Anina Ann Porter, 42, of Houston is charged with forgery. According to court documents, Porter, who is the treasurer of Schmalz Elementary PTA, forged signatures of the PTA's president and vice president while writing checks to herself.
Investigators say they were able to identify 40 checks totaling more than $10,000.
According to court documents, the PTA members confronted Porter, who said she was using the money to pay for medicine for her ill mother, and that she'll pay the money back.
Bail in the case has been set at $2,000.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin 57 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale