Person dies after SUV slams into Montrose area building
HOUSTON, TX (KTRK) -- One person is dead after an SUV crashed into the back room of a yoga studio in the Montrose area overnight.
It happened on West Alabama near Driscoll just after 2am. Investigators say three people were inside the SUV when the driver somehow lost control and went through the parking lot of Divino restaurant and then barreled through a fence, crashing into the side of the building.
Police tell us all three men in the vehicle appear to be in their 20s and 30s. One of the occupants inside the SUV was killed in the accident. The other two were pinned inside the vehicle for a while and had to be cut out. They were taken to Ben Taub Hospital with unknown injuries.
Investigators are still trying to determine how they accident happened. They say they were likely speeding and are looking into whether or not alcohol was involved.
"The thing that is perplexing is that we didn't see see exactly where the vehicle came in, so obviously he was on the concrete when he came into the parking lot," said Lt. Phillip Munoz with the Houston Police Department. "But we are not sure of the exact route."
Police say from the inside, the damage is bad too. There is a wall that is apparently leaning.
Neighbors tell us the building that was hit is part business and part residence. A woman who lives there was seen walking around after the accident, apparently unhurt.
The victim hasn't been identified.
montrose, local, sonia azad
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 4 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 50 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 27 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California 34 min ago
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game 43 min ago
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store